- 1 1/2 Cups raw almonds
- 3/4 Cup golden flax seeds
- 1/2Cup Pecans, almonds and cashews
- 1Cup ChestnutsJarred and pre-roasted or roast them yourself
- 1Cup CarrotGrated
- 3Cloves garlicFinely minced
- 1/3 Cup olive oil
- 2 EggsBeaten
- 2 Teaspoons Sea Salt
- 1/2 Cup parsleyChopped
- Preheat oven to 400
- -In a food processor, process almonds to a coarse meal. Some pieces will be bigger, that is ok.
- -In a high speed blender spice grinder or clean coffee grinder, process flax seeds to a powder.
- Coarsely chop remaining raw, mixed nuts.
- Coarsely chop chestnuts if whole, leaving them in large pieces.
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix well. You may need to use your hands.
- Transfer to an oiled 12 inch cast iron skillet or other oven safe skillet or pie pan.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 15 minutes, then turn the heat down to 350
- Bake for another half hour, keeping an eye out to make sure it doesn’t burn. If it is browning quickly, cover the top loosely with foil.
- Cut into wedges and serve.
To make this vegan, simply remove the eggs and add 1/2 cup of water to the mix.
Keeps well frozen, wrapped tightly.